Hands-on run through of the process to submit your thesis or dissertation to the Graduate School using the ProQuest portal.
If you need help with your thesis or dissertation submission, each of these workshops will take you through the following:
- Show you the ProQuest submission portal
- Assist you with establishing your unique submission account
- Take you through set up and data input
- Demonstrate how to create a PDF from your digital thesis or dissertation
- Review publication options and agreements
- Consider embargo options
- Review of copyright and registration
- Ordering bound copies
- The process once you have submitted
At the end of the workshop you will:
- Have an understanding of the submission process using the ProQuest portal
- Understand some of the terminology and options for copyright, publication, and embargo
- Know how to convert your original digital thesis or dissertation to PDF
Workshop schedule for 2017:
- Friday, March 3rd 09:00am – 10:30am
- Wednesday, June 14th 09:00am – 10:30am
- Wednesday, September 20th 09:00am – 10:30am
Location: G54 Rose Administration Building, limit 40 maximum reservations
Wifi computer access is available. Space is limited, so please contact Kathleen Nodine (348-5921) to make a reservation. Send her your CWID and home department.
The University of Alabama, the state’s oldest and largest public institution of higher education, is a student-centered research university that draws the best and brightest to an academic community committed to providing a premier undergraduate and graduate education. UA is dedicated to achieving excellence in scholarship, collaboration and intellectual engagement; providing public outreach and service to the state of Alabama and the nation; and nurturing a campus environment that fosters collegiality, respect and inclusivity.