Graduate School Ambassadors are current graduate students at The University of Alabama. They represent a variety of academic fields and serve as official student representatives for the Graduate School. Graduate School Ambassadors support potential graduate students to The University of Alabama by providing information and participating in recruitment activities
Graduate School Ambassador activities include:
- Responding to e-mail queries from potential graduate students
- Referring potential graduate students to the Graduate School for assistance in applying to The University of Alabama
- Working with their respective Colleges on departmental recruitment activities
- Working with the Graduate School on specific recruitment activities such as McNair Visitation Day, Preview Day, Outstanding Minority Student Reception, Three Minute Thesis Competition, Undergraduate Research Conference, etc.
Those who would like to be a Graduate Ambassador must meet the following requirement.
- Must be currently enrolled in a graduate program at The University of Alabama
- Must have completed 1 semester of graduate study at The University of Alabama
- Must be able to positively represent the Graduate School and The University of Alabama
- Must be willing to volunteer a minimum of 1 event per semester or when situations arise and services are needed
If you are interested in becoming a Graduate School Ambassador, please send the following to email@example.com
- A current resume or CV
- Names and email addresses of 3 references. NOTE: At least 2 of your references must be employees of The University of Alabama (Ex. Faculty, administrator, staff, etc.).
If you are interested in applying to graduate school at The University of Alabama and would like to speak with a Graduate School Ambassador, please visit our Graduate Ambassador Directory
If you are a Faculty or Staff at The University of Alabama and would like to request that Graduate School Ambassadors assist in an event, please contact Lesley Campbell at firstname.lastname@example.org.