The McNair Scholars Visitation Day is a free event where you will discover your opportunities for graduate study at UA.
- Learn about fellowships and scholarships.
- Tour campus.
- Meet your future program director.
- Get a feel for what it’s like to be a graduate student at UA by talking to current students.
- Attend UA’s annual Three-Minute Thesis Competition. This will give participants the opportunity to see the wide range of research being done by students at The University of Alabama.
- Be one of the first 20 McNair Scholars to register for this event, and you’ll be eligible for reimbursement of your travel expenses up to $250.
November 5, 2018
to register for the event. McNair Scholars and Directors/Program Staff must each register separately.
Getting To Tuscaloosa from Birmingham Airport
If you are flying into the Birmingham-Shuttlesworth International Airport (BHM
) then you’ll need to either rent a car or schedule a shuttle service. Most major car rental agencies are represented at the Birmingham Airport. The Scuttle Shuttle
provides service to Tuscaloosa which is about one hour away.
Where to Stay in Tuscaloosa
Many visitors stay at the Hotel Capstone
. However, there are some other options that are close by:
1. Holiday Inn Express & Suites
on Veteran’s Memorial Drive
2. Hampton Inn-University
on Harper Lee Drive
3. Home2 Suites
& Hotel Indigo
in Downtown Tuscaloosa