Graduate admission documents are normally sent through regular mail. This can take 7-10 days for domestic mail and 4-6 weeks for international mail. Tracking is not an option.
Students who can easily get to Tuscaloosa at the time of admission may pick up their graduate admission documents (I-20/DS-2019) from Capstone International Services in 105 B.B. Comer Hall. Capstone International Services normally will contact the student when their documents are ready to be picked up. Capstone International Services will allow friends or family members to pick up documents for you only if you provide specific instructions and tell us the name and CWID of the friend or family who will pick up the document. Student ID is required when picking up a document from Capstone International Services.
- The University of Alabama’s Graduate School uses an express mail service provided by University Express Mail Services – https://study.eshipglobal.com/ to deliver documents through DHL or FedEx in 3-5 days. You may request document delivery through this service at your expense. If you wish to use this service, please follow the instructions below.
- Register and activate your account at University Express Mail Services. Do not go through the DHL or FedEx website directly.
- Click the “Receive” option.
- Type “Alabama” in the search box, or select it from the drop down list.
- Select “The University of Alabama” and then “Continue.”
- Select the “Office of the Graduate School” and then “Continue.”
- Complete the shipping form, use your University of Alabama CWID number, and select “Ship/Quote.” Note: PO Box addresses are generally not preferred by express carriers. If entering a PO Box address, be sure you provide the complete physical address where the PO Box is located in order to avoid delays or misdeliveries.
- On the confirmation page, check your shipment details.
- On the same page, complete the credit card information form.
- Select “Confirm” to advance to the shipment summary page. Note: Please pay close attention to the information submitted, as errors in the credit card information or submitting incorrect or incomplete address information will result in a delay in the mailing of your documents. If you experience any difficulty in registering and processing the shipment, please use the “Help” link in the site for step by step instructions. If you have additional questions about how to use this service, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Graduate School will automatically be notified by University Express Mail Services (eShipGlobal) that you have requested your documents via express mail. You can track the shipment using the tracking number provided.
- You will receive your documents in 3-5 business days from the date of mailing.