These Graduate School student forms are now available for processing with automatic electronic signatures using the University’s DocuSign process.
If for any reason, you find that one of the forms below does not work correctly, please contact Eric Harris at email@example.com.
- Master’s Exam Form (Moved to Slate)
- Master’s Capstone Project Form (Moved to Slate)
- Thesis Final Defense Form (Moved to Slate)
- Committee Acceptance Form for Electronic Thesis or Dissertation (See Instructions Below)
Educational Specialist Students
- Ed.S. Admission to Candidacy Form
- Ed.S. Comprehensive Exam Form (Moved to Slate)
- Ph.D. Plan of Study
- DMA Plan of Study
- College of Education – Ed.D. Plan of Study
- College of Education – Ph.D. Plan of Study
- Ph.d. and Ed.D. Doctoral Admission to Candidacy Form
- Doctoral Admission to Candidacy Form (with Committee)
- DNP Admission to Candidacy Form
- DSW Admission to Candidacy/Plan of Study Form
- Doctoral Qualifying Exam Form (Moved to Slate)
- Doctoral Final Defense Form (Moved to Slate)
- Committee Acceptance Form for Electronic Dissertation (See Instructions Below)
- Foreign Language Exam Form (Moved to Slate)
- Application for Degree: Complete through your myBama Portal
- Request for Transfer of Graduate Credit
- Transfer Credit Evaluation Form
- Field-Related Employment Since Earning Master’s Degree
- Late Courses Drop/Add Form
- Approval of 400-Level Course Work for Master’s Credit
- Course Override Form
- Maximum Hours Override Form
- Level Override Form
- Reinstatement Request Form
- Memorandum of Appointment Form – Contracts & Grants
- Memorandum of Appointment Form – Regular
- Final Semester Notification for Assistantships/Fellowships
- Graduate Instructor of Record Certification
Committee Acceptance Form (CAF) Instructions
PROCESSING AND SUBMISSION FOR SIGNATURES
The Graduate School now requires submission of all Committee Acceptance Forms (CAF) using UA’s own online secure DocuSign System. This uses a combination of formal protocols and online systems to process and record all signatures via email.
This new submission process supersedes all previous notices and instructions regarding the processing of the CAF
Initiating the Form
The student should contact the department administering their degree and (1) notify them of the successful defense completion, (2) confirm the student’s ETD has been submitted to the Graduate School, and (3) request the department to initiate a digital CAF.
Once the department has verified the above with the committee chair, the department administrator – not the student – will then log into myBama and click on Graduate Student forms – DocuSign under the Employee tab. Select the Committee Acceptance form for Thesis (or Dissertation) and follow the steps to complete the form.
To initiate the form, the department will need
- The student name and email address,
- Date of the defense,
- Degree level,
- Degree program,
- Manuscript title,
- The name and email address for each regular committee member,
- The name and email address of the committee chair, and
- The name and email address of EITHER the department chair OR the department Graduate Program Director, whichever is the usual signatory for the department.
Once the student has successfully defended, completed the oral presentation and the document has been finalized and approved by the committee, the student may upload that document to the ETD administrative system (http://services.graduate.ua.edu/etd/ – ProQuest Submission).
Do not submit the CAF for digital signing until after the successful completion of the oral presentation and defense and the ETD has been finalized with and approved by the committee.
***Please note that the thesis/dissertation committee must be approved in the Graduate Academic Activities portal PRIOR to the defense.
- Student – Completes their oral defense, finalized the document with the committee, submits their ETD online, and sends a request to the degree administering department to initiate the digital signing of the CAF.
- Degree Awarding Department – Complies the information to set up the CAF for signatures in the DocuSign process.
- Signatures – requests are sent to each person in the following order:
- Committee chair
- External member(s)
- Regular committee members
- Department chair or Graduate Program Director as appropriate
- Graduate School Registrar.
- Graduate School Registrar – Reviews and confirms committee has been previously been appointed and approved by the Graduate School.
- Graduate School – Reviews the ETD submission, requests corrections as appropriate, accepts the final corrected ETD, and completes the CAF digital signoff.
Completion and Notices
Once the Graduate School Registrar’s has noted that the committee is current, the department will be able to download and retain a PDF copy of the form once they have set it up and submitted it to the DocuSign system.
Once the Graduate School has completed its review of the ETD and accepted the final document the system will send an email confirmation to all parties who signed the form including the student and the department and committee signatories. Each party will be able to download a PDF copy of the final signed CAF.
Eric Harris, Registrar – Graduate School
André Denham – Associate Dean for Graduate Academic Affairs